Monday, September 8, 2008

Cracked pot!


An elderly Chinese woman had two large pots, each hung on the ends of a pole which she carried across her neck.

One of the pots had a crack in it while the other pot was perfect and always delivered a full portion of water.

At the end of the long walks from the stream to the house, the cracked pot arrived only half full.

For a full two years this went on daily, with the woman bringing home only one and a half pots of water.

Of course, the perfect pot was proud of its accomplishments.

But the poor cracked pot was ashamed of its own imperfection, and miserable that it could only do half of what it had been
made to do.

After two years of what it perceived to be bitter failure, it spoke to the woman one day by the stream.
'I am ashamed of myself, because this crack in my side causes water to leak out all the way back to your house.'

The old woman smiled, 'Did you notice that there are
flowers on your side of the path, but not on the other pot's side?'

'That's because I have always known about your flaw, so I planted flower seeds on your side of the path, and every day while we walk back, you water them.'

'For two years I have been able to pick these beautiful flowers to decorate the table. Without you being just the way you are,
there would not be this beauty to grace the house.'

Each of us has our own unique flaw.

But it's the cracks and flaws we each have that make our lives together so very interesting and rewarding.
You've just got to take each person for what they are and look for the good in them.

SO, to all of my crackpot friends, have a great day and remember to smell the flowers on your side of the path!

And send this to any or all of your Crack Pot friends!!

Next time my friends say I'm a little cracked, I'll take it as a compliment!


6 comments:

bj said...

OOOOO, my little cracked friend...I am so very glad to hear from you. Now, I know everything is ok in your world. I just knew you were awfully busy. How is your job coming along? I'll bet you run the place by now!! :O)
Take care and keep on posting....even just one line is better than nothing!
love, bj

Cathy said...

Nan....I'm so glad to see you back in Blogworld. And thanks for posting about me for so long!
Cathy

Big Toe Mom said...

WOW! you posted, lol!!! congrats. i really love that story. sometimes its hard when you have a goal in your head.
smiles, Sandi

MsSippi, aka Peggy said...

I loved this, Nan! As cracked as I am, I hope that I've watered plenty of flowers along the way! Do grandbabies count as flowers? :)

Janet said...

Nan,

So nice to hear from you again; hope you had a wonderful summer. And that all the flowers along your path are blooming.

Janet

Jackie said...

Nan, what a wonderful post. Thanks for the reminder that we are all a little "cracked".

God bless.