Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Christmas Golf

Four old-timers were playing their weekly game of golf, and one remarked
> how nice it would be
> to wake up on Christmas morning, roll out of bed and without an argument
> go directly to the golf
> course, meet his buddies and play a round. His buddies all chimed in and
> said, 'Let's do it! We'll
> make it a priority to figure out a way and meet here early Christmas
> morning.' Months later, that
> special morning arrives, and there they are on the golf course.
>
> The first guy says, 'Boy this game cost me a fortune! I bought my wife
> such a diamond ring that
> she can't take her eyes off it.'
>
> The second guy says, 'I spent a ton, too. My wife is at home planning the
> cruise I gave her.. She
> was up to her eyeballs in brochures.'
>
> The third guy says 'Well my wife is at home admiring her new car, reading
> the manual.'
>
> They all turned to the last guy in the group who is staring at them like
> they have lost their minds.
> ' I can 't believe you all went to such expense for this golf game. I
> slapped my wife on the butt
> and said, 'Well babe, Merry Christmas! It's a great morning for either sex
> or golf.' . . . and she
> said........'Take a sweater.'
>

8 comments:

Cottage Contessa said...

LOL! I'll have to show my DH, he'll love that! If you get a moment sweetie, swing by my blog and enter the give away! I hope you have a wonderful day!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Nan,
I'm hoping that your second day on the new job went better. This is just too funny. I'm going to have to show this to hubby when he comes home this weekend. Thanks for sharing it with us. We all can always use a good laugh. I have Tagged you for a Christmas Hoopla. I hope you will be able to do it. Stop by when you can and check it out. Well, take care my friend and have a great Wednesday. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

bj said...

awh haaaaa, haaaaaaaaa...that is such a good one, Nan. I'll be sure to show Bill this one!
Have a good day at work!
hugs, bj

Janet said...

That is a good one, but unfortunately my husband doesn't play golf, LOL.

Janet

BittersweetPunkin said...

LOl!!!!!!!!!
Blessings,
Robin

Unknown said...

So funny. I hope that your job is going well and you are enjoying yourself.

Unknown said...

So funny. I hope that your job is going well and you are enjoying yourself.

bj said...

I've been wondering how Bailey is doing with you gone all day? Am sure it will take some getting used to for all of you but it won't take long.
hugs and climb in bed soon....
bj