Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Obedient wife?


There was a man who had worked all his life, had saved all of his money, and was a real
miser when it came to his money. Just before he died, he said to his wife...'When I die, I
want you to take all my money and put it in the casket with me. I want to take my money
to the afterlife with me.' And so he got his wife to promise him, with all of her heart, that
when he died, she would put all of the money into the casket with him. Well, he died. He
was stretched out in the casket, his wife was sitting there - dressed in black, and her
friend was sitting next to her. When they finished the ceremony, and just before the
undertakers got ready to close the casket, the wife said, 'Wait just a moment!' She had
a small metal box with her; she came over with the box and put it in the casket. Then the
undertakers locked the casket down and they rolled it away. So her friend said, 'Girl, I
know you were not foolish enough to put all that money in there with your husband.' The
loyal wife re plied, 'Listen, I'm a Christian; I cannot go back on my word. I promised him
that I was going to put that money into the casket with him.' You mean to tell me you put
that money in the casket with him! 'I sure did,' said the wife. 'I got it all together, put it
into my account, and wrote him a check.... If he can cash it, then he can spend it.'



11 comments:

Karen H. said...

Good Evening Nan,
I am ROFLMBO here. LOL. Oh my, that was way too funny. "THANK YOU" for giving me a laugh that I really needed. I am trying to catch up with everyone since I didn't post yesterday or visit anyone yesterday. I am feeling better and even cooked a pretty good supper tonight. My DH will be home later on tonight and he will get to eat a home cooked meal. I would have been like that Woman and either put a check in there or bought some play money and put in there. ROFL. Take care my friend and have a great evening. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

Kissing of the Frogs said...

Nan,
I'm dying here! This is just too funny girl! You kill me....you just kill me!
Hugs,
Rose

Anonymous said...

That was awsome. I have to remember that one to tell all my clients. They will get a laugh from that one.

Meggie said...

That is one smart cookie!

Carletta said...

Nan, I so enjoy visiting you every day and today you have me laughing so loud my cat is wondering what's going on! Have a wonderful day.

bj said...

How funny....I just love it! It started my day off with a great laugh.
hugs, bj

Unknown said...

Nan, that was so funny. I am laughing so hard tears are running down my face.

Linda said...

Nan this gave me a good giggle. Pretty smart lady,hehehe. Have a happy day. Hugs, Linda

Cottage Contessa said...

LOL! I'll have to remember that one sweetie! heheheheheheeeee
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

BittersweetPunkin said...

LOL!!!!! LOVED that post!!!Thanks for the chuckle!!
Hugs,
Robin

Anonymous said...

*SMILE*