Thursday, November 29, 2007

Christmas Meme


Hootin' Annie started this meme and I thought it would be fun. Visit her blog for the format.

"The Twelve Questions of Christmas"

1. Christmas is magical . [fill in the blank with ONE WORD]

2. In memories, what was the best part of your Christmases past?
I loved it when our families went to the cabin in the woods and had an old fashioned Christmas with hand-made ornaments, a live tree, roaring fire, and watched deer roaming around outside.

3. Was Santa ever good to you? [describe how and what]
My husband surprised me with a long fur coat. (before things got so controversial)

4. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, or both?
Mostly Christmas Day. Even though it's just the two of us, we always WAIT until Santa comes.

5. Is there something you make each and every year? [craft or recipe]
Peanut brittle with my MIL

6. What is your favorite five[5] Christmas songs/hymns?
White Christmas, Chestnuts Roasting on an open fire, I'll Be Home for Christmas, Oh Holy Night, Let it Snow

7. Is there a new tradition for Christmas since your childhood days?
Putting dated picture frames on the tree with pictures from Christmases past.

8. Describe one of your Christmas trips. [whether it's across town or across country]
Hummmmm, I'll have to think about this one.

9. Do you have a special Christmas outfit to wear for the day?
Not really. I usually wear red, though.

10. Have YOU or any of your family members sat on Santa's lap?
Of course. Even my old dog did at Petsmart. We always had those crying pics as kids.

11. What is/or will be on your Christmas tree this year?
Crimson and gold ornaments.

12. Do you/or have you decorated your yard for Christmas?
Yep. Made a tree of lights from the flag pole. Wreathes on the windows, bubble light candles.

9 comments:

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Again Nan,
I loved reading your 12 Days of Christmas Meme. I did it yesterday. It is always nice to learn things about our blogging friends. It helps us to know them better I think. Take care my friend and have a Blessed Thursday. May God Bless You and Yours.

Hugs,
Karen H.

Tammy said...

I did this meme today too!

Loved reading your answers...pass the peanut brittle please...YUM!

Have a great day! =)

bj said...

OK, how fun is this!! I posted mine, too.
bj

Hootin Anni said...

#'s two and seven are so grand! I love those answers. A great set of meme answers....I enjoyed it very much.

I'm gonna go add your url to the list of players on the meme page I made up...

Thanks for participating, and I'm very happy to meet you.

Mommy said...

The Cabin in the woods sounds wonderful! Just like a cozy Christmas movie. :)

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Hi Nan,
How fun to learn about your Christmas traditions and past holiday fun!
Penny

Talk..to..Grams said...

It was fun reading your list!! I did this too!! Hugs Grams

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for my sons birthday regards.
I really enjoyed reading your post.

Love Suzy

SandyCarlson said...

I loved your answer to No. 2. Sounds perfect!

I wish I had a recipe for peanut brittle. I have yet to get it right

Merry Christmas.

Mine's up at http://slcthoughts.blogspot.com